The DJI Mavic Mini SE stands as a testament to DJI’s prowess in the drone manufacturing world. Positioned as an affordable entry-level drone, the Mavic Mini SE carries forward DJI’s reputation for producing top-tier drones with an impressive set of features. Weighing just about 249 grams, the Mavic Mini SE effortlessly fits the palm of your hand, making it a preferred choice for those who prioritize portability without compromising on performance.
In terms of camera capabilities, the drone boasts a 12MP sensor, capable of shooting 2.7K video. These specifications ensure that enthusiasts can capture sharp images and smooth videos. The 3-axis gimbal stabilization is a commendable addition at this price point, ensuring that the footage remains jitter-free even in windy conditions.
Battery life is another feather in its cap, with the drone offering up to 30 minutes of flight time. The intuitive DJI Fly app enhances the user experience by providing a straightforward interface, easing the process of flying and capturing images. For the safety-conscious, the drone’s downward vision sensing system and GPS ensure safe and precise landings.
Overall, the DJI Mavic Mini SE is a perfect drone for beginners and recreational users, offering a blend of affordability, portability, and commendable features.
For more about DJI Mavic Drones Visit: Wikipedia.
|Takeoff Weight ||< 249 g|
|Dimensions||• Folded: 138×81×58 mm (L×W×H)
• Unfolded: 159×203×56 mm (L×W×H)
• Unfolded (with propellers): 245×289×56 mm (L×W×H)
|Diagonal Distance||213 mm|
|Max Ascent Speed||• 4 m/s (S Mode)
• 2 m/s (P Mode)
• 1.5 m/s (C Mode)
|Max Descent Speed||• 3 m/s (S Mode)
• 1.8 m/s (P Mode)
• 1 m/s (C Mode)
|Max Speed (near sea level, no wind)||13 m/s (S Mode) 8 m/s (P Mode) 4 m/s (C Mode)|
|Maximum Takeoff Altitude||3000 m|
|Max Flight Time||30 minutes (measured while flying at 17 kph in windless conditions)|
|Max Wind Speed Resistance||8.5 m/s to 10.5m/s (Scale 5)|
|Max Pitch Angle||• 30° (S Mode)
• 20° (P Mode)
• 20° (C Mode)
|Max Angular Velocity||150°/s (S Mode) 130°/s (P Mode) 30°/s (C Mode)|
|Operating Temperature Range||0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)|
|Operating Frequency ||• Model MT2SS5: 5.725-5.850 GHz
• Model MT2SD25: 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz
|Transmission Power (EIRP)||Model MT2SS5 5.8 GHz: <30 dBm (FCC); <28 dBm (SRRC) Model MT2SD25 2.4 GHz: <19 dBm (MIC/CE) 5.8 GHz: <14 dBm (CE)|
|Hovering Accuracy Range||• Vertical: ±0.1 m (with Vision Positioning), ±0.5 m (with GPS Positioning)
• Horizontal: ±0.3 m (with Vision Positioning), ±1.5 m (with GPS Positioning)
• Camera & Gimbal
|Sensor||1/2.3” CMOS Effective Pixels: 12 MP|
|Lens||FOV: 83° 35 mm Format Equivalent: 24 mm Aperture: f/2.8 Shooting Range: 1 m to ∞|
|ISO Range||• Video: 100-3200 (Auto) 100-3200 (Manual)
• Photo: 100-3200 (Auto) 100-3200 (Manual)
|Shutter Speed||Electronic Shutter: 4-1/8000s|
|Still Image Size||• 4:3: 4000×3000
• 16:9: 4000×2250
|Still Photography Modes||Single shot Interval: 2/3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60 s|
|Video Resolution||• 2.7K：2720×1530 24/25/30 p
• FHD：1920×1080 24/25/30/48/50/60 p
|Max Video Bitrate||40 Mbps|
|Supported File System||• FAT32（≤32 GB）
• exFAT（>32 GB）
|Video Format||MP4 (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC）|
|Mechanical Range||• Tilt: -110° to 35°
• Roll: -35° to 35°
• Pan: -20° to 20°
|Controllable Range||Tilt: -90° to 0° (default setting) -90° to +20° (extended)|
|Stabilization||3-axis (tilt, roll, pan)|
|Max Control Speed (tilt)||120°/s|
|Angular Vibration Range||±0.01°|
• Battery & Charger
|Max Charging Voltage||8.8 V|
|Battery Type||LiPo 2S|
|Net Weight||82.5 g|
|Charging Temperature Range||5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)|
|Max Charging Power||29 W|
|Input||100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.5A|
|Output||12V 1.5 A / 9V 2A / 5V 3A|
|Rated Power||18 W|
• Radio Controller
|Operating Frequency||• Model MR1SS5: 5.725-5.850 GHz
• Model MR1SD25: 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz
|Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)||• Model MR1SS5 5.8 GHz: 4000 m (FCC); 2500 m (SRRC)
• Model MR1SD25 2.4 GHz: 2000 m (MIC/CE) 5.8 GHz: 500 m (CE)
|Operating Temperature Range||0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)|
|Transmission Power (EIRP)||• Model MR1SS5 5.8 GHz: <30 dBm (FCC); <28 dBm (SRRC)
• Model MR1SD25 2.4 GHz: <19 dBm (MIC/CE) 5.8 GHz: <14 dBm (CE)
|Battery Capacity||2600 mAh|
|Operating Current/Voltage||1200 mA 3.6 V (Android) 450 mA 3.6 V (iOS)|
|Supported Mobile Device Size||Max length: 160 mm Max thickness: 6.5-8.5 mm|
|Supported USB Port Types||Lightning, Micro USB (Type-B), USB Type-C|
|Video Transmission System||Enhanced Wi-Fi|
|Live View Quality||720p/30fps|
|Max. Bitrate||4 Mbps|
|Latency (depending on environmental conditions and mobile device)||170-240 ms|
|Downward||Operating Range: 0.5-10 m|
|Operating Environment||Non-reflective, discernable surfaces Diffuse reflectivity (>20%) Adequate lighting (lux>15)|
• Phone App / Live View
|Required Operating System||iOS v10.0 or laterAndroid v6.0 or later|
• Supported SD Cards
|Supported SD Cards||UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above is required. A list of recommended microSD cards can be found below.|
|Recommended microSD Cards||• 16 GB: SanDisk Extreme
• 32 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Industrial, SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x 64 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1, Kingston Canvas Go!Plus V30 A2 microSDXCS
• 128 GB: Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1, Kingston Canvas Go!Plus V30 A2 microSDXCS
• 256 GB: SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, Samsung PRO Plus V30 A2 microSDXC
How to Set Up and Fly DJI Mini SE ?
- Unboxing and Charging: Once you have the DJI Mavic Mini SE, begin by unboxing it and charging the batteries fully using the provided charger.
- Install DJI Fly App: Download and install the DJI Fly app on your smartphone. This app is essential for flying the drone and accessing its features.
- Mount Your Smartphone: Attach your smartphone to the controller using the provided holder.
- Powering On: Press and hold the power button on the drone and the controller. Wait for both to sync.
- Connect to DJI Fly App: Open the DJI Fly app on your phone and connect to the drone. Follow the app’s prompts to calibrate the drone’s compass and IMU.
- Takeoff: Once all systems are calibrated and ready, press the takeoff button in the app or manually start the drone by pushing both controller sticks down and inward/outward.
- Basic Flying: Use the left stick for elevation and rotation. The right stick is for moving forward, backward, and sideways.
- Capturing Media: Utilize the on-screen buttons in the DJI Fly app to start recording videos or taking photos.
- Landing: Return the drone to the desired location and use the landing button on the app or manually lower it with the left stick.
- Safety: Always ensure you’re flying in suitable conditions, avoid high winds, and always maintain a line of sight with your drone.
- Weight & Size: Ultra-lightweight at 249 grams, making it easy to carry and exempt from certain regulations in many countries.
- Camera: 12MP camera with 2.7K Quad HD videos.
- Gimbal: 3-axis motorized gimbal for superior image stabilization.
- Flight Time: Remarkable 30-minute maximum flight time.
- Remote Controller: A dedicated controller with a range of up to 4 km.
- Safety Features: Downward vision sensing system and advanced GPS for precise hovering and safer flights.
- Portability: Its compact size makes it incredibly travel-friendly.
- Affordability: Offers premium DJI features at an entry-level price.
- Extended Flight Time: One of the longest in its class.
- User-friendly App: DJI Fly app is intuitive, making it easy even for beginners.
- Lack of Obstacle Avoidance: Unlike some other DJI models, it doesn’t feature front or side obstacle sensors.
- Limited Resolution: 2.7K video, though adequate for many, is lower than the 4K offered by some competitors.
Who should buy?
The DJI Mavic Mini SE is ideal for:
- Beginners: Its user-friendly interface makes it a great starter drone.
- Travelers: Its compact size is perfect for those on the go.
- Recreational Users: Those looking for quality without needing professional-level specs.
- Budget-conscious Buyers: Offers excellent value for its price point.
The DJI Mavic Mini SE offers a beautiful blend of portability, performance, and price. While it may not have the high-end features of its pricier counterparts, it delivers where it counts. It’s a drone that’s easy to fly, captures good quality footage, and won’t burn a hole in your pocket. Whether you’re a budding drone enthusiast or someone who wants a reliable flying companion on their travels, the Mavic Mini SE is well worth considering.
GET IN TOUCH