The DJI Mavic Mini 3, a continuation of DJI’s highly-acclaimed Mavic series, stands out as a breakthrough in the world of consumer drones. Compact yet powerful, this drone weighs less than 250 grams, placing it in the lightest weight class of drones and exempting it from various registration requirements in many countries.
Its feather-like weight, however, doesn’t compromise on features. The Mavic Mini 3 boasts an impressive camera that captures 4K videos and high-resolution photos, ensuring creators obtain stellar image quality. Paired with a 3-axis gimbal, the camera delivers smooth, stable footage, a signature trait of the DJI series. With up to 31 minutes of flight time, enthusiasts have ample opportunity to explore and capture their surroundings. Advanced sensors facilitate obstacle detection, ensuring safer flights. The drone’s intuitive and user-friendly design makes it perfect for both beginners and seasoned pilots.
Another noteworthy feature is the DJI Fly app, which offers tutorials and templates, allowing users to produce professional-quality videos with minimal effort. Whether you’re a vlogger, traveler, or just someone looking for a sophisticated yet accessible drone, the DJI Mavic Mini 3 is hard to beat.
For more about DJI Mavic Drones Visit: Wikipedia.
|Takeoff Weight||248 g Standard aircraft weight (including the Intelligent Flight Battery, propellers, and a microSD card). The actual product weight may vary due to differences in batch materials and external factors. Registration is not required in some countries and regions. Check local laws and regulations before use. With the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus,* the aircraft will weigh more than 249 g (about 290 g). Please check and strictly abide by local laws and regulations before flying. * Sold separately and only in selected countries and regions.|
|Dimensions||• Folded (without propellers): 148×90×62 mm (L×W×H)
• Unfolded (with propellers): 251×362×72 mm (L×W×H)
|Max Ascent Speed||5 m/s|
|Max Descent Speed||3.5 m/s|
|Max Horizontal Speed (at sea level, no wind)||16 m/s The max horizontal speed is subject to dynamic local restrictions. Please abide by local laws and regulations when flying.|
|Max Takeoff Altitude||With Intelligent Flight Battery: 4000 m With Intelligent Flight Battery Plus*: 3000 m Increase in aircraft weight can affect flight propulsion. When the aircraft is using the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, do not mount additional payloads like a propeller guard or third-party accessories to avoid diminished propulsion. * Sold separately and only in selected countries and regions.|
|Max Flight Time||• 38 minutes (with Intelligent Flight Battery)
• 51 minutes (with Intelligent Flight Battery Plus*) Measured in a controlled test environment. Specific test conditions are as follows: flying forward at a constant speed of 21.6 kph in a windless laboratory environment, in photo mode (without photo taking operation during flight), and from 100% battery level until 0%. Results may vary depending on the environment, actual use, and firmware version. * Sold separately and only in selected countries and regions.
|Max Hovering Time||• 33 minutes (with Intelligent Flight Battery)
• 44 minutes (with Intelligent Flight Battery Plus*) Measured in a controlled test environment. Specific test conditions are as follows: hovering in a windless laboratory environment, in photo mode (without photo taking operation during flight), and from 100% battery level until 0%. Results may vary depending on the environment, actual use, and firmware version. * Sold separately and only in selected countries and regions.
|Max Flight Distance||• 18 km (with Intelligent Flight Battery and measured while flying at 43.2 kph in windless conditions)
• 25 km (with Intelligent Flight Battery Plus* and measured while flying at 43.2 kph in windless conditions) * Sold separately and only in selected countries and regions.
|Max Wind Speed Resistance||10.7 m/s (Level 5)|
|Max Pitch Angle||40°|
|Operating Temperature||-10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F)|
|Global Navigation Satellite System||GPS + GLONASS + Galileo|
|Hovering Accuracy Range||• Vertical: ±0.1 m (with vision positioning) ±0.5 m (with GNSS positioning)
• Horizontal: ±0.3 m (with vision positioning) ±1.5 m (with GNSS positioning)
• Camera & Gimbal
|Image Sensor||1/1.3-inch CMOS Effective Pixels：48MP|
|Lens||• FOV: 82.1° Format Equivalent: 24 mm
• Aperture: f/1.7 Focus: 1 m to ∞
|ISO Range||• Video: 100-3200
• Photo: 100-3200
|Shutter Speed||Electronic Shutter: 2-1/8000 s|
|Max Image Size||8064×6048|
|Still Photography Modes||• Single Shot: 12 MP 48 MP: 48 MP
• Timed: 12 MP JPEG: 2/3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60 s JPEG + RAW: 5/7/10/15/20/30/60 s
• Automatic Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 12 MP, 3 frames at 2/3 EV step
• Panorama: Sphere, 180°, Wide Angle HDR: The Single Shot mode supports outputting HDR images.
|Photo Format||JPEG/DNG (RAW)|
|Video Resolution||• 4K: 3840×2160@24/25/30 fps
• 2.7K: 2720×1530@24/25/30/48/50/60 fps
• FHD: 1920×1080@24/25/30/48/50/60 fps
• HDR: Recording with the 24/25/30fps frame rate supports outputting HDR images.
|Video Format||MP4 (H.264)|
|Max Video Bitrate||100 Mbps|
|Supported File System||• FAT32 (≤ 32 GB)
• exFAT (> 32 GB)
|Digital Zoom||• 4K: 2×
• 2.7K: 3×
• FHD: 4×
|QuickShots Modes||Dronie, Helix, Rocket, Circle, and Boomerang|
|Stabilization||3-axis mechanical gimbal (tilt, roll, and pan)|
|Mechanical Range||• Tilt: -135° to 80°
• Roll: -135° to 45°
• Pan: -30° to 30°
|Controllable Range||Tilt: -90° to 60° Roll: -90° or 0°|
|Max Control Speed (tilt)||100°/s|
|Angular Vibration Range||±0.01°|
• Battery & Charger
|Capacity||Intelligent Flight Battery: 2453 mAh Intelligent Flight Battery Plus*: 3850 mAh * Sold separately and only in selected countries and regions.|
|Weight||Intelligent Flight Battery: Approx. 80.5 g Intelligent Flight Battery Plus*: Approx. 121 g * Sold separately and only in selected countries and regions.|
|Nominal Voltage||7.38 V|
|Max Charging Voltage||8.5 V|
|Energy||Intelligent Flight Battery: 18.1 Wh Intelligent Flight Battery Plus*: 28.4 Wh * Sold separately and only in selected countries and regions.|
|Charging Temperature||5° to 40° C (41° to 104° F)|
|Charging Time||Intelligent Flight Battery: 64 minutes (with the DJI 30W USB-C Charger and the battery mounted to the aircraft) 56 minutes (with the DJI 30W USB-C Charger and the battery inserted into the Two-Way Charging Hub) Intelligent Flight Battery Plus*: 101 minutes (with the DJI 30W USB-C Charger and the battery mounted to the aircraft) 78 minutes (with the DJI 30W USB-C Charger and the battery inserted into the Two-Way Charging Hub) * Sold separately and only in selected countries and regions.|
|Recommended Charger||DJI 30W USB-C Charger or other USB Power Delivery chargers (30 W)* * When you charge the battery mounted to the aircraft or inserted into the Two-Way Charging Hub, the maximum charging power supported is 30 W.|
|• Battery Charging Hub|
|Input||5 V, 3 A 9 V, 3 A 12 V, 3 A|
|Output||USB-A: Max Voltage: 5 V; Max Current: 2 A|
|Charging Type||Three batteries charged in sequence|
|Compatible Batteries||DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery, DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Plus* * Sold separately and only in selected countries and regions.|
• Radio Controller & Live Vedio Transmission
|Max Operating Time||DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Without charging any mobile device: 6 hours When charging a mobile device: 4 hours|
|Max Supported Mobile Device Size||DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller 180×86×10 mm (L×W×H)|
|Operating Temperature||DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller -10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F)|
|Transmission Power (EIRP)||DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller 2.400-2.4835 GHz: < 26 dBm (FCC) < 20 dBm (CE/SRRC/MIC) 5.725-5.850 GHz: < 26 dBm (FCC) < 23 dBm (SRRC) < 14 dBm (CE)|
|Video Transmission System||DJI O2|
|Live View Quality||Remote Controller: 720p/30fps|
|Operating Frequency||• 2.400-2.4835 GHz
• 5.725-5.850 GHz
|Transmission Power (EIRP)||• 2.400-2.4835 GHz: < 26 dBm (FCC) < 20 dBm (CE/SRRC/MIC)
• 5.725-5.850 GHz: < 26 dBm (FCC/SRRC) < 14 dBm (CE)
|Max Transmission Distance (free of interference)||• FCC: 10 km
• CE: 6 km
• SRRC: 6 km
• MIC: 6 km
Measured in an unobstructed outdoor environment free of interference. The above data shows the farthest communication range for one-way, non-return flights under each standard. During your flight, please pay attention to RTH reminders in the DJI Fly app.
|Max Transmission Distance (with interference)||Strong Interference: urban landscape, approx. 1.5-3 km Medium Interference: suburban landscape, approx. 3-6 km Low Interference: suburb/seaside, approx. 6-10 km Data tested under FCC standard in unobstructed environments with typical interference. Used for reference purposes only and provides no guarantee for actual flight distance.|
|Max Download Speed||DJI O2: 5.5 MB/s (with DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller) 5.5 MB/s (with DJI RC) Wi-Fi 5: 25 MB/s* * Measured in a laboratory environment with little interference in countries/regions that support both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz, with footage saved to the SD card. Download speeds may vary depending on the actual conditions.|
|Lowest Latency||Approx. 200 ms Depending on the actual environment and mobile device.|
|Antenna||2 antennas, 1T2R|
|Sensing Type||Downward vision system|
|Downward||Precise Hovering Range: 0.5-10 m|
|Operating Environment||• Downward: Diffuse reflective surfaces with a clear pattern and reflectivity > 20% (such as walls, trees, or people) Adequate lighting (lux > 15, normal indoor lighting conditions)|
• Phone App / Live View
|Required Operating System||iOS v10.0 or laterAndroid v6.0 or later|
|Recommended microSD Cards||• SanDisk Extreme 32GB V30 A1 microSDXC
• SanDisk Extreme 64GB V30 A1 microSDXC
• SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
• SanDisk Extreme 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
• SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB V30 A1 microSDXC
• Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC
• Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
• Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
• Kingston Canvas React Plus 64GB V30 A1 microSDXC
• Kingston Canvas React Plus 128GB V30 A1 microSDXC
• Samsung PRO Plus 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC
How to Set Up and Fly DJI Mini 3 ?
- Unboxing and Charging: Once you’ve unboxed your Mavic Mini 3, ensure all components are present. Begin by charging the battery using the provided USB cable and charger.
- Install Propellers: If the propellers aren’t already attached, secure them in place with the provided screws, ensuring they’re tight but not overly strained.
- Install DJI Fly App: On your smartphone, download and install the DJI Fly app, available on both Android and iOS platforms.
- Connect and Activate: Turn on the drone and the remote controller. Connect your smartphone to the controller using the provided cable. Launch the DJI Fly app and follow the on-screen instructions for activation.
- Firmware Update: The app might prompt you for a firmware update. It’s recommended to keep your drone’s firmware up-to-date to ensure optimal performance and new features.
- Calibrate: Before your first flight, calibrate the drone’s compass. The app will guide you through this process, which typically involves rotating the drone in specific orientations.
- Take-off: Choose an open area free from obstacles. Power on the drone and controller, connect your smartphone, and launch the DJI Fly app. Press the take-off button in the app, and the drone will ascend and hover a few feet above the ground.
- Fly Safely: Familiarize yourself with the basic controls – left stick for altitude and rotation, right stick for forward, backward, and side-to-side movement. Always maintain a line of sight with the drone and be wary of nearby obstacles.
- Landing: When you’re ready to land, choose a clear area and press the landing button in the app or manually control the drone down using the left stick.
- Weight: Less than 250 grams, making it convenient for travel and exempt from many registration requirements.
- Camera: Captures 4K videos and high-resolution photos, ensuring every detail is recorded with clarity.
- Gimbal: Integrated 3-axis gimbal provides stabilization, ensuring buttery smooth footage.
- Flight Time: An impressive 31 minutes, allowing extended periods of capture.
- Advanced Sensors: Ensures safer flights by facilitating obstacle detection.
- DJI Fly App: Offers easy-to-follow tutorials and templates, making professional editing a breeze.
- Compact Design: Its small footprint ensures portability and discreet operations.
- Lightweight and Portable: Ideal for travelers and vloggers on the move.
- Extended Flight Time: Allows for longer recording and exploration.
- Quality Footage: 4K video capability and stabilization provide professional-grade content.
- User-Friendly: Great for both beginners and experienced pilots.
- No Need for Registration: Its weight exempts it from certain registration requirements in many countries.
- No Obstacle Detection: Have not any obstacle sensing like some advanced models.
- No Follow-Me Mode: A popular feature in drones, this may be absent.
- Connectivity: Might experience interruptions in areas with high interference.
- Wind Resistance: Lighter drones can be less stable in windy conditions.
Who should buy?
- Budding Videographers and Photographers: Those looking to step into the world of aerial photography without breaking the bank will find the Mini 3’s 4K video and high-resolution photo capabilities perfect for their needs.
- Travel Enthusiasts: For globetrotters constantly on the move, the drone’s lightweight and foldable design is a boon. It’s easy to pack and doesn’t add significant weight, making it an ideal travel companion for capturing breathtaking landscapes from unique perspectives.
- Beginners and Novices: If you’re new to the drone world, the Mavic Mini 3 offers a gentle learning curve. Its user-friendly interface, combined with the intuitive DJI Fly app, ensures even complete beginners can fly with confidence.
- Content Creators: Bloggers, vloggers, and other content creators can leverage the Mavic Mini 3 to add dynamic aerial shots to their videos, making their content more engaging and visually appealing.
- Recreational Users: For those who enjoy flying drones as a hobby, the extended flight time and obstacle detection offer a fun and safe flying experience.
- Environmental and Nature Enthusiasts: The drone’s ability to capture detailed aerial shots can be valuable for those documenting natural landscapes, wildlife habitats, or even changes in environments over time.
- Educators and Students: In settings where visual aids enhance learning, the Mavic Mini 3 can be a practical tool for educators. Students studying film, geography, or environmental sciences might also find it beneficial.
- Regulation-Conscious Pilots: Given that the drone weighs under 250 grams, it evades certain registration requirements in many countries. This feature is especially appealing to those who’d rather not navigate the often complicated regulatory landscape of drone flying.
The DJI Mavic Mini 3 is an impressive piece of technology that strikes a balance between portability, performance, and user-friendliness. Whether you’re a budding content creator, a seasoned traveler, or someone looking to step into the world of drones without being overwhelmed, the Mavic Mini 3 stands out as a leading choice. However, for those seeking advanced features like complete obstacle detection or more robust wind resistance, considering higher-end models might be a good idea. All in all, the Mavic Mini 3 promises an excellent flight experience, making aerial photography more accessible to everyone.
GET IN TOUCH