The DJI Mavic Pro, launched in September 2016, set a new benchmark in the drone industry. Renowned for its impeccable blend of portability and advanced features, this compact quadcopter boasts foldable arms, making it the ideal companion for travelers and aerial photography enthusiasts. Crafted by DJI, a leader in consumer drone technology, the Mavic Pro comes equipped with a high-definition camera that captures stunning visuals. Its obstacle avoidance system ensures safer flights, even for beginners. With extended flight times and a refined control system, the Mavic Pro is not just a drone; it’s a revolution in aerial photography and videography.
|Folded||H83mm x W83mm x L198mm|
|Diagonal Size (Propellers Excluded)||335 mm|
|Weight (Battery & Propellers Included)||• 1.62 lbs (734 g) (exclude gimbal cover)
• 1.64 lbs (743 g) (include gimbal cover)
|Max Ascent Speed||16.4 ft/s (5 m/s) in Sport mode|
|Max Descent Speed||9.8 ft/s (3 m/s)|
|Max Speed||40 mph (65 kph) in Sport mode without wind|
|Maximum Takeoff Altitude||16404 feet (5000 m)|
|Max Flight Time||27 minutes (no wind at a consistent 15.5 mph (25 kph))|
|Max Hovering Time||24 minutes (no wind)|
|Overall Flight Time||21 minutes ( In normal flight, 15% remaining battery level )|
|Max Total Travel Distance (One Full Battery, No Wind)||8 mi (13 km, no wind)|
|Operating Temperature Range||32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)|
|Satellite Positioning Systems||GPS / GLONASS|
|Hover Accuracy Range||• Vertical:
+/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-0.5 m
+/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m
|Operating Frequency||• FCC: 2.4-2.4835GHz; 5.150-5.250 GHz; 5.725-5.850 GHz
• CE: 2.4-2.4835GHz; 5.725-5.850 GHz
• SRRC：2.4-2.4835 GHz;5.725-5.850 GHz
|Transmitter Power (EIRP)||• 2.4GHz
FCC:<=26 dBm; CE: <=20 dBm; SRRC:<=20 dBm; MIC:<=18 dBm
• 5.2 GHz
• 5.8 GHz
FCC:<=23 dBm; CE <=13 dBm; SRRC: <=23 dBm; MIC: -
• Camera & Gimbal
|Sensor||1/2.3” (CMOS), Effective pixels:12.35 M (Total pixels:12.71M)|
|Lens||FOV 78.8° 26 mm (35 mm format equivalent) f/2.2
Distortion < 1.5% Focus from 0.5 m to ∞
|ISO Range||• Video: 100-3200
• Photo: 100-1600
|Electronic Shutter Speed||8s -1/8000 s|
|Still Photography Modes||• Single shot
• Burst shooting: 3/5/7 frames
• Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7 EV Bias Interval
|Video Recording Modes||• C4K: 4096×2160 24p
• 4K: 3840×2160 24/25/30p
• 2.7K: 2720×1530 24/25/30p
• FHD: 1920×1080 24/25/30/48/50/60/96p
• HD: 1280×720 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p
|Max Video Bitrate||60 Mbps|
|Supported File Systems||FAT32 ( ≤ 32 GB ); exFAT ( > 32 GB )|
|Video||MP4, MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)|
|Supported SD Cards||Micro SD™
Max capacity: 128 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
|Operating Temperature Range||32° to 104° F ( 0° to 40° C )|
|Gimbal Controllable Range||• Pitch: -90° to +30°
• Roll: 0° or 90° (Horizontally and vertically)
|Gimbal Stabilization||3-axis (pitch, roll, yaw)|
• Battery & Charger
|Battery Type||LiPo 3S|
|Net Weight||Approx.0.5 lbs(240 g)|
|Charging Temperature Range||41° to 104° F ( 5° to 40° C )|
|Charger Voltage||13.05 V|
|Charger Rated Power||50 W|
• Radio Controller
|Operating Frequency||2.4 GHz to 2.483 GHz|
|Max Transmission Distance||• FCC Compliant: 4.3 mi (7 km);
• CE Compliant: 2.5 mi (4 km)
• SRRC Compliant: 2.5mi (4 km)
• MIC Compliant: 2.5 mi (4 km) (Unobstructed, free of interference)
|Operating Temperature Range||32° to 104° F ( 0° to 40° C )|
|Transmitter Power (EIRP)||• FCC：<=26 dBm
• CE：<=20 dBm
• SRRC: <=20 dBm
• MIC: <=18 dBm
|Operating Current/Voltage||950mA @ 3.7V|
|Supported Mobile Device Size||Thickness Supported:6.5-8.5mm
Max length: 160mm
Supported USB port types: Lightning, Micro USB(Type-B),USB(Type-C)™
|Vision System||• Forward Vision System
• Downward Vision System
|Obstacle Sensory Range||• Precision measurement range: 2 ft (0.7 m) to 49 ft (15 m)
• Detectable range: 49 ft (15 m) to 98 ft (30 m)
|Operating Environment||Surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting (lux > 15)|
|Velocity Range||≤22.4 mph (36 kph) at 6.6 ft (2 m) above ground|
|Altitude Range||1 – 43 feet (0.3 – 13 m)|
|Operating Range||1 – 43 feet (0.3 – 13 m)|
• Phone App / Live View
|Mobile App||DJI GO 4|
|Live View Quality||• 720p@30fps, 1080p@30fps（Remote Controller）
• 720p@60fps, 1080p@30fps（DJI Goggles）
|Latency||160-170ms (depending on conditions and mobile device)|
|Price in Pakistan||OLX|
How to Set Up and Fly DJI Mavic Pro ?
- Unboxing & Charging: Begin by unboxing your Mavic Pro. Charge the drone and the remote control using the provided charger.
- Download DJI GO App: For a comprehensive flight experience, download the DJI GO 4 app on your smartphone. This app provides real-time data, camera controls, and other essential features.
- Mount Your Smartphone: Connect your smartphone to the remote using the side cables. Secure it in the phone holder for a clear view.
- Powering On: Press the power button once, then press and hold it again until the drone and the remote are turned on.
- Calibration: Before your first flight, ensure you calibrate the compass. The DJI GO app will guide you through the process.
- Take-off: Once calibrated, press the take-off button in the DJI GO app. The Mavic Pro will lift off and hover at about 1.2 meters.
- Flying: Use the left joystick for ascending/descending and turning left/right. The right joystick allows you to move forward/backward and fly left/right.
- Landing: Press the landing button in the app or manually lower the drone using the left joystick.
- Intelligent Flight Modes: The Mavic Pro comes with several flight modes that help users get cinematic shots with ease. Modes like “ActiveTrack” allow the drone to follow a moving subject, while “Gesture Mode” lets users control the Mavic using simple hand movements.
- Obstacle Avoidance: Safety is paramount. The Mavic Pro’s forward and downward vision systems allow it to detect obstacles up to 15 meters away, ensuring safer flights.
- Long Flight Time: With up to 27 minutes of flight time on a single charge, the Mavic Pro ensures you have ample time to get that perfect shot.
- OcuSync Transmission Technology: Say goodbye to grainy live feeds. The Mavic Pro uses DJI’s OcuSync transmission technology, offering a longer transmission range and a 720p live view from up to 7 km away.
- Precision Landing: With its advanced vision sensors, the Mavic Pro can record its takeoff point and return to the exact spot during landing, making recoveries seamless.
- Tripod Mode: Need slow, precise movements for your videography? Tripod mode reduces the drone’s speed, giving users precision control.
- High-Resolution Camera: The Mavic Pro’s camera captures 4K video at 30 fps and full 1080p HD at 96 fps. Its 12MP camera with Adobe DNG RAW support ensures crisp images every time.
- Portability: The Mavic Pro’s foldable design makes it highly compact and travel-friendly.
- Extended Flight Time: With up to 27 minutes of airtime, the Mavic Pro stands out in its category.
- Quality Camera: 4K video capability and 12MP camera resolution ensures top-notch aerial shots.
- Obstacle Avoidance: Forward and downward vision systems make flights safer by preventing potential collisions.
- OcuSync Technology: Offers a live feed with a long transmission range, providing clarity from a distance.
- Intelligent Flight Modes: Modes like ActiveTrack and Gesture Mode elevate the drone-flying experience for users.
- Precision Landing: Advanced sensors ensure the Mavic returns and lands at its takeoff point.
- Noise Level: The Mavic Pro can be louder than some of its competitors, potentially disrupting serene environments.
- Limited Obstacle Detection: It detects obstacles primarily in front and below, leaving other angles vulnerable.
- Cost: Though packed with features, the Mavic Pro’s price tag may be steep for hobbyists.
- Battery Life Anxiety: Despite its relatively long flight time, constant feature use can deplete the battery faster than expected.
- Mobile Device Dependency: To access advanced features and settings, users need a mobile device connected to the controller.
Who should buy?
In the vast realm of drones, the DJI Mavic Pro stands as a symbol of innovation and excellence. But who exactly is this drone tailored for? Let’s delve into the niches and user profiles that would most benefit from the Mavic Pro’s features.
- Travel Enthusiasts: If you’re constantly on the move and love capturing breathtaking landscapes, the Mavic Pro’s compact, foldable design is a boon. It fits snugly in backpacks and is the perfect travel companion for globetrotters.
- Professional Photographers & Videographers: With its 4K video capabilities and 12MP camera, professionals seeking high-quality aerial shots will find the Mavic Pro indispensable.
- Tech Enthusiasts: For those who are always on the lookout for cutting-edge tech, the Mavic Pro, with its plethora of advanced features and modes, is an exciting gadget to own.
- Real Estate Agents: Showcasing properties from an aerial perspective can give agents an edge in the market. The Mavic Pro can be a game-changer for high-end property listings.
- Event Organizers: Capture events like weddings, concerts, or festivals from unique vantage points. Elevate event coverage with the Mavic Pro’s precision and clarity.
- Adventure Sports Enthusiasts: Document thrilling experiences, be it mountain biking, surfing, or skiing, from dynamic angles. The Mavic Pro’s ActiveTrack will keep you in focus during your adrenaline-fueled adventures.
- Drone Hobbyists: If you’re looking to upgrade from a beginner drone to something more sophisticated without compromising on portability, the Mavic Pro is an excellent choice.
- Environmental and Wildlife Researchers: For those who need to monitor terrains, wildlife, or landscapes without disturbing the environment, the Mavic Pro offers an unobtrusive way to gather data.
In conclusion, the DJI Mavic Pro is more than just a drone; it’s a versatile tool suited for various professions and hobbies. If you resonate with any of the categories above and are seeking a reliable, feature-rich drone, the Mavic Pro could be your next best investment. Before purchasing, always ensure that it aligns with your specific needs and the regulations of your region.
GET IN TOUCH