The DJI Mavic 2 Pro, a true masterpiece in the realm of drone technology, stands as a testament to DJI’s relentless pursuit of innovation. Pushing the boundaries of aerial photography, the Mavic 2 Pro boasts a state-of-the-art Hasselblad L1D-20c camera, renowned for its iconic image quality and superior light and color performance. This drone captures 20MP aerial shots with utmost clarity, making every frame worthy of being a centrepiece. Beyond its exceptional camera, the drone offers an extended flight time of 31 minutes and comes equipped with advanced omnidirectional obstacle sensing, ensuring safer flights. The Mavic 2 Pro’s aerodynamic design and noise-reducing features make it a quiet operator in the skies. Integrating the latest in drone technology, the Mavic 2 Pro offers unparalleled performance, making it an indispensable tool for professional photographers and enthusiasts alike.
For more about DJI Mavic Drones Visit: Wikipedia.
|Takeoff Weight||907 g|
|Dimensions||• Folded: 214×91×84 mm (length×width×height)
• Unfolded: 322×242×84 mm (length×width×height)
|Diagonal Distance||354 mm|
|Max Ascent Speed||• 5 m/s (S-mode)
• 4 m/s (P-mode)
|Max Descent Speed||• 3 m/s (S-mode)
• 3 m/s (P-mode)
|Max Speed (near sea level, no wind)||72 kph (S-mode)|
|Maximum Takeoff Altitude||6000 m|
|Max Flight Time (no wind)||31 minutes (at a consistent 25 kph)|
|Max Hovering Time (no wind)||29 minutes|
|Max Flight Distance (no wind)||18 km (at a consistent 50 kph)|
|Max Wind Speed Resistance||29–38 kph|
|Max Tilt Angle||35° (S-mode, with remote controller) 25° (P-mode)|
|Max Angular Velocity||200°/s|
|Operating Temperature Range||-10°C to 40°C|
|Operating Frequency||• 2.400 – 2.483 GHz
• 5.725 – 5.850 GHz
|Transmission Power (EIRP)||• 2.400 – 2.483 GHz
• 5.725-5.850 GHz
|Hovering Accuracy Range||• Vertical: ± 0.1 m (when vision positioning is active)
± 0.5 m (with GPS positioning)
• Horizontal: ± 0.3 m (when vision positioning is active)
± 1.5 m (with GPS positioning)
|Internal Storage||8 GB|
• Camera & Gimbal
Effective Pixels: 20 million
|Lens||FOV: about 77°
35 mm Format Equivalent: 28 mm
Shooting Range: 1 m to ∞
|ISO Range||• Video: 100-6400
• Photo: 100-3200 (auto)
|Shutter Speed||Electronic Shutter: 8–1/8000s|
|Still Image Size||5472×3648|
|Still Photography Modes||• Single shot
• Burst shooting: 3/5 frames
• Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7 EV Bias
• Interval (JPEG: 2/3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60s RAW:5/7/10/15/20/30/60s)
|Video Resolution||• 4K: 3840×2160 24/25/30p
• 2.7K: 2688×1512 24/25/30/48/50/60p
• FHD: 1920×1080 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p
|Max Video Bitrate||100Mbps|
|Color Mode||Dlog-M (10bit), support HDR video (HLG 10bit)|
|Supported File System||• FAT32 (≤ 32 GB)
• exFAT (> 32 GB)
|Photo Format||JPEG / DNG (RAW)|
|Video Format||MP4 / MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265)|
|Mechanical Range||Tilt: -135–45° Pan: -100–100°|
|Controllable Range||Tilt: -90–30° Pan: -75–75°|
|Stabilization||3-axis (tilt, roll, pan)|
|Max Control Speed (tilt)||120° /s|
|Angular Vibration Range||±0.01° (Mavic 2 Pro)|
• Battery & Charger
|Max Charging Voltage||17.6 V|
|Battery Type||LiPo 4S|
|Net Weight||297 g|
|Charging Temperature Range||5℃ to 40℃|
|Max Charging Power||80 W|
|Input||100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 1.8A|
|Output||Main: 17.6 V ⎓ 3.41 A
or 17.0 V ⎓ 3.53 A USB: 5 V⎓2 A
|Voltage||17.6 ± 0.1 V|
|Rated Power||60 W|
• Radio Controller
|Operating Frequency||2.400 – 2.483 GHz; 5.725 – 5.850 GHz|
|Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)||• 2.400 – 2.483 GHz; 5.725 – 5.850 GHz
FCC: 10000 m
CE: 6000 m
SRRC: 6000 m
MIC: 6000 m
|Operating Temperature Range||0℃ – 40℃|
|Transmission Power (EIRP)||• 2.400 – 2.483 GHz
FCC: ≤26 dBm
CE: ≤20 dBm
SRRC: ≤20 dBm
MIC: ≤20 dBm
• 5.725-5.850 GHz
FCC: ≤26 dBm
CE: ≤14 dBm
SRRC: ≤26 dBm
|Operating Current/Voltage||1800 mA ⎓ 3.83 V|
|Supported Mobile Device Size||Max length: 160 mm; max thickness: 6.5–8.5 mm|
|Supported USB Port Types||Lightning, Micro USB (Type-B), USB-C|
• Obstacle Avoidance & Sensors
|Sensing System||Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing|
|Forward||• Precision Measurement Range: 0.5 – 20 m
• Detectable Range: 20 – 40 m
• Effective Sensing Speed: ≤ 14m/s
• FOV: Horizontal: 40°, Vertical: 70°
|Backward||• Precision Measurement Range: 0.5 – 16 m
• Detectable Range: 16 – 32 m
• Effective Sensing Speed: ≤ 12m/s
• FOV: Horizontal: 60°, Vertical: 77°
|Upward||Precision Measurement Range: 0.1 – 8 m|
|Downward||• Precision Measurement Range: 0.5 – 11 m
• Detectable Range: 11 – 22 m
|Sides||• Precision Measurement Range: 0.5 – 10 m
• Effective Sensing Speed: ≤ 8m/s
• FOV: Horizontal: 80°, Vertical: 65°
|Operating Environment||• Forward, Backward and Sides: Surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting (lux > 15)
• Upward: Detects diffuse reflective surfaces (>20%) (walls, trees, people, etc.)
• Downward: Surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting (lux > 15)
Detects diffuse reflective surfaces (>20%) (walls, trees, people, etc.)
• Phone App / Live View
|Video Transmission System||OcuSync 2.0|
|Name||DJI GO 4|
|Live View Quality||• Remote Controller: 720p@30fps / 1080p@30fps
• DJI Goggles: 720p@30fps / 1080p@30fps
• DJI Goggles RE: 720p@30fps / 1080p@30fps
|Latency (depending on environmental conditions and mobile device)||120 – 130 ms|
|Max Live View Bitrate||12Mbps|
• Supported SD Cards
|Supported SD Cards||Micro SD™
Supports a microSD with capacity of up to 128 GB. A UHS-I Speed Grade 3 rating microSD card is required.
|Recommended microSD Cards||• 32GB
Sandisk Extreme V30 Pro
Sandisk Extreme Pro V30
Sandisk Extreme V30
Sandisk Extreme Pro V30
Kingston Canvas Go!
Kingston Canvas React
How to Set Up and Fly DJI Mavic 2 Pro ?
- Unpacking and Charging: After unboxing your Mavic 2 Pro, ensure that both the drone and controller batteries are fully charged using the provided charger.
- DJI GO 4 App: Download and install the DJI GO 4 app on your smartphone. This app will serve as your main interface for flight and camera controls.
- Connect Your Smartphone: Using the included cables, connect your smartphone to the controller and place it securely in the holder.
- Powering On: Briefly press and then long-press the power buttons on both the drone and the controller to turn them on.
- GPS and Calibration: Wait for the drone to connect to the GPS satellites. On your first flight, or when prompted, follow the in-app instructions to calibrate the drone’s compass.
- Takeoff: Tap the take-off icon on the DJI GO 4 app. The Mavic 2 Pro will ascend and hover at about 1.2 meters.
- Mastering Controls: The left joystick lets you ascend, descend, and rotate, while the right joystick controls forward, backward, and sideways movement.
- Landing: You can either tap the landing icon in the app or use the left joystick to manually bring the drone down.
Always keep your Mavic 2 Pro’s firmware up-to-date for optimal performance. When flying, choose open areas away from obstacles and always respect local regulations. Embrace the skies with confidence and creativity with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
- Hasselblad L1D-20c Camera: This camera, a result of DJI’s collaboration with Hasselblad, delivers stunning 20MP shots. Its large 1-inch CMOS sensor ensures exceptional light and color accuracy, paving the way for professional-grade aerial photography.
- Adjustable Aperture: The f/2.8 to f/11 adjustable aperture delivers outstanding image clarity in both high and low-light environments.
- Hyperlapse Mode: Document the passing of time with the captivating hyperlapse feature. This mode allows for producing professional quality time-lapse shots with a simple tap.
- Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing: Mavic 2 Pro’s advanced sensors detect obstacles from all directions, safeguarding the drone during complex flights.
- OcuSync 2.0: This upgraded transmission system provides a 1080p video feed at up to 8km away, ensuring stable connection even in challenging environments.
- Intelligent Flight Modes: From ActiveTrack 2.0, which offers precise subject tracking, to Waypoint 2.0 for pre-planned flight paths, the Mavic 2 Pro is tailored to deliver creative cinematic shots.
- Enhanced HDR Photos: With an improved HDR algorithm, capture photos with a higher dynamic range, retaining more detail in both shadows and highlights.
- HyperLight: Designed for low-light scenarios, HyperLight mode reduces noise significantly, leading to clearer images.
- Dolly Zoom: This unique mode creates an otherworldly warped perspective by zooming in as the drone flies away from its subject, adding a cinematic flair to videos.
- Hasselblad Camera Excellence: Equipped with a renowned Hasselblad L1D-20c camera and a large 1-inch CMOS sensor, it promises unparalleled image quality and color fidelity.
- OcuSync 2.0 Transmission: Stable 1080p video transmission even at distances up to 8km provides a seamless flying experience.
- Advanced Safety Features: Omnidirectional obstacle sensing provides an added layer of safety, minimizing the chances of collisions.
- Adaptable Aperture: The f/2.8 to f/11 adjustable aperture ensures splendid captures in varied lighting conditions.
- Innovative Flight Modes: Features like Hyperlapse, Dolly Zoom, and ActiveTrack 2.0 allow users to unleash their creative prowess.
- Robust Battery Life: Offers an impressive flight time of up to 31 minutes on a single charge.
- Compact and Sleek Design: Despite its powerhouse features, the Mavic 2 Pro retains a compact, foldable design, ideal for on-the-go adventures.
- Price Point: The premium features come with a premium price tag, which might be a consideration for hobbyists or beginners.
- Weight: Weighing 907g, it’s heavier than some other drones in its class, which could affect portability for some users.
- No 360° Obstacle Avoidance: While it has omnidirectional sensors, it lacks top sensors, leaving a minor blind spot.
- Limited Internal Storage: Though it has 8GB of internal storage, for extended shoots, an external SD card is a necessity.
Who should buy?
Navigating the vast drone market, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro stands out as a beacon of excellence. It’s the epitome of advanced aerial technology blended with premium imaging. But who truly stands to gain the most from this sophisticated machine?
- Professional Photographers & Videographers: The Mavic 2 Pro’s Hasselblad camera ensures top-tier image quality, making it indispensable for those in pursuit of pristine aerial shots.
- Cinematographers: With unique features like Dolly Zoom and Hyperlapse, filmmakers can capture cinematic vistas and sequences with ease, adding depth to their storytelling.
- Travel Enthusiasts: For globetrotters documenting their journeys, the Mavic 2 Pro’s compact design combined with its powerful imaging capabilities ensures they capture every moment in its best light.
- Real Estate Professionals: Offering a bird’s-eye view of properties can significantly elevate listing appeal. The drone’s superior imaging aids in presenting properties in their full glory.
- Advanced Drone Hobbyists: For those looking to upgrade from beginner drones, the Mavic 2 Pro offers a wealth of features, allowing them to delve deeper into the world of advanced drone flying.
- Commercial Content Creators: From ad agencies to production houses, if the goal is to create mesmerizing aerial content, the Mavic 2 Pro is a game-changer.
To conclude, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is a symphony of innovation tailored for a diverse range of users. Whether it’s capturing the grandeur of landscapes, diving deep into professional photography, or leveraging technology for research and business, the drone has been crafted to elevate every endeavor. Ensure its features resonate with your goals, and embark on an unparalleled aerial voyage with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
GET IN TOUCH